Chapter 1. Introduction to Mobile Device Testing
- What is all about Mobile Device Testing?
- Why is it required?
- Terminologies used in telecom industry
- Knowing about Mobile OS/Platform
- Introduction to different mobile devices
Chapter 2. Setting up an Android Environment on your PC
- What is emulator ?
- How to install an emulator?
- How to launch first app on emulator?
- Explore the capabilities of emulator
- Install a real time application on emulator
Chapter 3. . Testing in Mobile Domain
- Mobile Application Testing
- Mobile Handset Testing
- Mobile Website Testing
- Test cases and general scenarios for mobile application
Chapter 4. Types of Mobile Apps Testing
- User Interface Testing
- Functional Testing
- Usability Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Interrupt Testing
- Certification Testing
- Performance and Stress Testing
- Unique Challenges in Mobile testing
Chapter 5. Mobile Application Testing on IPAD IOS Andriod IPhone
- Fundamental concepts of mobile app testing
- Differences from Web app testing.
- How to start a mobile app testing project from scratch.
- Designing and setting up a mobile app testing lab
- Exposure to various mobile devices and platforms. iOS and Android primarily
- Native Apps, Mobile Browser Apps, Hybrid Apps
- Real-Device, Simulation, Emulator, Reflector testing. Detailed defect reporting, screenshots etc
- Challenges, Uniqueness and Best practices for MAT
- Automation Tools: DeviceAnywhere, AndroidDriver in Java and Robotium.