Mobile Testing Course Content
Chapter 1: Introduction to Mobile Device Testing
- 1.1 What is all about Mobile Device Testing?
- 1.2 Why is it required?
- 1.3 Terminologies used in telecom industry
- 1.4 Knowing about Mobile OS/Platform
- 1.5 Introduction to different mobile devices
Chapter 2: Setting up an Android Environment on your PC
- 2.1 What is emulator ?
- 2.2 How to install an emulator?
- 2.3 How to launch first app on emulator?
- 2.4 Explore the capabilities of emulator
- 2.5 Install a real time application on emulator
Chapter 3: Testing in Mobile Domain
- 3.1 Mobile Application Testing
- 3.2 Mobile Handset Testing
- 3.3 Mobile Website Testing
- 3.4 Test cases and general scenarios for mobile application
Chapter 4: Types of Mobile Apps Testing
- 4.1 User Interface Testing
- 4.2 Functional Testings
- 4.3 Usability Testing
- 4.4 Compatibility Testing
- 4.5 Interrupt Testing
- 4.6 Certification Testing
- 4.7 Performance and Stress Testing
- 4.8 Unique Challenges in Mobile testing
Chapter 5: Mobile Application Testing on IPAD IOS Andriod IPhone
- 5.1 Fundamental concepts of mobile app testing
- 5.2 Differences from Web app testing
- 5.3 How to start a mobile app testing project from scratch
- 5.4 Designing and setting up a mobile app testing lab
- 5.5 Exposure to various mobile devices and platforms. iOS and Android primarily
- 5.6 Native Apps, Mobile Browser Apps, Hybrid Apps
- 5.7 Real-Device, Simulation, Emulator, Reflector testing. Detailed defect reporting, screenshots etc
- 5.8 Challenges, Uniqueness and Best practices for MAT
- 5.9 Automation Tools: DeviceAnywhere, AndroidDriver in Java and Robotium